Sun setting In Cuzco, Peru

January 7, 2011

Resolving to have resolve

So, its a new year.  Yippee!  And this year, like in years past, I considered making a resolution but I remember failing to keep them or even remember them after 3 weeks.  Nope, no resolution for me this time.

But I will promise myself one thing - to be kinder to me.  I know that no one else will take care of me.  I have to do it for myself.  That means I am not allowed to beat myself up over little things.  It also means that when I fail at something, I will try not to sulk or be embarrassed but hold my head up for even trying.  I will put myself out there more to meet people and keep from hiding.  I will eat healthier simply because my body needs good fuel.  I hope to laugh more, enjoy the stillness of a Saturday morning while drinking coffee and watching birds eat out of the feeder and be ok.  I would like to say I will hand control over to God but I am human and struggle with this constantly.  But if I can at least try, then that in itself is a success.

Sounds like a lot of work but it must be done if I am to live a life of no regrets. As the saying goes, the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.  Here I go.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment